Weekly Roundup – May 14

weekly-roundup-fallout-free-edition-660x330

CAMS brings you a weekly glimpse into the key news in the BFSI sector, both in India and abroad. Regulatory updates or important news, here are some which might have had an impact on the sector…

 

The Rajya Sabha approved a Bill that sets up a panel to decide interest rates which will bring the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) policymaking process in line with that of its major global counterparts. It was part of a broader finance Bill approved by the Lok Sabha recently.

bills

 

Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) issued listing guidelines for infrastructure investment trusts (InvITs).  As per guidelines, public issue of InvITs will require institutional investors participation of 75 per cent, while the remaining 25 per cent can be from other investors.

sebi1

 

Market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is considering the removal of yearly investment limit of Rs 50,000 per fund house through the online route. This might help in extending the reach of mutual funds and increasing the sector’s penetration into smaller towns.

for cams

 

Mutual funds equity folio count went up by nearly 1.6 lakh in April. This increasing trend is majorly contributed by the robust contribution from smaller towns.

MF1

 

Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI) data revealed that investors had pumped in a whopping amount of Rs 1.7 lakh crore into various mutual fund (MF) schemes in April. Liquid or money market segment topped the charts with highest contribution

accounts

 

Mutual fund houses have agreed to contribute 0.01% of their total asset under management (AUM) to the industry body Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI) for investors awareness programmes as per the direction by Securities and Exchange Board of India’s (SEBI).

MF

About CAMS:

CAMS Logo High Resolution

Computer Age Management Services (CAMS) is India’s premier Mutual Fund Transfer Agency serving over 60% of assets of the industry across 15 Mutual Funds. Leveraging superior technology, CAMS brings several innovative services to Mutual Fund investors and distributors. CAMS is also a service partner to leading insurance companies, banks, NBFC’s and alternate investment funds. To know more visit www.camsonline.com

Advertisements

Published by

Sudarshan Ranganthan

Breaths Investments, Suggests Wealth Creation Ideas, Lives on Law Of Attraction

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s