The Indian financial landscape is largely defined by Banks. With potential for further penetration and expansion, innovation has emerged as the key requisite that would propel future growth and sustenance of the Banking industry. Technology breakthroughs, new regulatory requirements and evolving consumer preferences are leading the industry towards New Age Banking, whose modus operandi is expected to conform to the needs of accuracy, user convenience and cost-effectiveness.
The advent of new ideas and innovations that precede such revolutions and redefine the face of a sector are often born of discussions and consummation of experiences and learnings, that culminate in real-time sustainable solutions.
Banking and Innovation 2016: Chintan-Manthan-Parivartan
Committed to catalyze the ongoing transformation in the Banking industry, the Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC), launched its Chapter in Western India on Friday, 24th June, 2016, and brought under one roof renowned experts from the banking industry for a Banking Summit, organized at Hotel Taj Mahal in Mumbai.
Computer Age Management Services (CAMS), was invited to participate in the prestigious event, in acknowledgement of the organization’s significant contribution to the growth of the Indian Financial Sector.
The Banking Summit, titled “Banking and Innovation 2016: Chintan-Manthan-Parivartan”, saw the coming together of leading bankers, regulators, experts and other stakeholders representing prestigious Banks and Financial Institutions.
Mr.Rana Kapoor, Founder, MD & CEO, YES Bank & Chairman, YES Institute graced the occasion as the designated Chief Guest. He was felicitated as “Leading Banker of the Decade” for his outstanding contribution to the Banking sector.
The event was marked with engaging panel discussions that saw the experts voicing out best practices and possible solutions for areas to be addressed in terms of banking and innovation.
A high energy panel discussion chaired by Mr. Abhishek Mishra, Senior VP, CAMS, titled “Technology and Innovation – harnessing growth” brought out intense contemplation and possible strategies for leveraging technology to the advantage of Banking industry. Panelists who were part of the discussion were
- M. N. Srinivasu, CEO, Bill Desk
- Arindam Mukherjee, Director Banking and Financial Services, CISCO India and SAARC
- Sudheer Prabhu, Head of IT, Fullerton India.
- Mr. Sameer Singh Jaini, CTO, DCB Bank
Another high point of the event was the panel discussion titled “Moving beyond Traditional Assets”, whose dialog was spearheaded by Mr. Prabal Nag, Vice President – Business Development, CAMS. His co-panelists were
- Kanwar Vivek, Senior President & Head – Wealth Management & Global Indian Banking, Yes Bank
- Vineet Arora, Head – Product & Distribution, ICICI Securities.
- Mr. Girish Venkat Heads of Sales SBI Wealth Management
The Panel discussion was chaired by Mr. Nipun Mehta, Founder & CEO, BlueOcean Capital Advisors.
The Distinguished Guest List
Other eminent guests from the industry included-
- Mr. Atanu Sen, – Ex-MD SBI Life, Chairman – BFSI Committee, ICC
- Mr. R.K Dubey, Ex CMD Canara Bank & President Resurgent India
- Mr. CVR Rajendran, CEO, AMFI
- Mr. Rakesh Makkar, Executive Vice President and Head – Business, Marketing and CSR, Fullerton India Credit Company Limited
- Mr. Mohan Jayaraman, Managing Director, Experian Credit Bureau, India
- Mr. V Muralidharan, CEO & Whole Time Director, SBI Cap Trustee
- Mr. Nipun Mehta, Founder & CEO, BlueOcean Capital Advisors
The summit saw a vibrant exchange of thoughts on various opportunities and challenges in New Age Banking and other key issues in this sector on a common platform, ending on a high note of informed optimism that heralded exciting days for the banking industry.
Computer Age Management Services (CAMS) is India’s premier Mutual Fund Transfer Agency serving over 60% of assets of the industry across 15 Mutual Funds. Leveraging superior technology, CAMS brings several innovative services to Mutual Fund investors and distributors. CAMS is also a service partner to leading insurance companies, banks, NBFC’s and alternate investment funds. To know more visit www.camsonline.com